Snežana D. Zarić, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry
Phone (local): 605
E-mail: szaric AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on January 2, 1962 in Jasenovo, Serbia. Married. Speaks Serbian, English and Russian language.
Education and qualifications
1984: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1990: Master of science studies - Chemistry / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1995: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
1986: Graduate assistant / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1991: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1997: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2003-2010: Associate professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010-2016: Full professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
Computational chemistry, coordination chemistry, noncovalent interactions.
Member of Serbian Chemical Society.
Member of American Chemical Society.
Member of Serbian Crystallographic Society.
- 172065 ()
project - Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
Author identification numbers
Knjige i revijalni radovi / Books and reviews:
- S. Zarić and M.B.Hall, "Ab initio and DFT Studies on Models for the Oxo- Transfer Reaction of Dioxomolybdenum Enzymes", in NATO ASI Series, ed. L. Banci and P. Comba, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston 255-279 (1997).
- S. Niu, D.L.Strout, S. Zarić , C.A.Bayse, and M.B.Hall, “Theoretical Studies of Inorganic and Organometallic Reaction Mechanisms 13. Methane, Ethylene, and Acetylene Activation at a Cationic Iridium Center”, in "Tansition State Modeling for Catalysis, ACS Symposium Series 721 " Truhlar, D. G.; Morokuma, K. ed., Oxford University Press, 138. (1999)
- S. D. Zarić, “Metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2197-2209 (2003)
Izabrani radovi / Selected papers:
- S. D. Zarić " Theoretical Study of Cation-pi Interaction of the Metal Complex Cation, [Co(NH3)6]3+, with Ethylene and Acetylene, Chem. Phys. 256, 213-223 (2000).
- S. D. Zarić, D. Popović, and E. W. Knapp “Metal Ligand-Aromatic Cation-pi Interactions in metallo-proteins: ligands coordinated to metal interact with aromatic residues”, Chemistry Eur. J., 6, 3935-3942 (2000).
- S. D. Zarić, D. Popović, and E. W. Knapp " Factors Determining the Orientation of Axially Coordinated Imidazoles in Heme-Proteins" Biochemistry 40, 7914-7928 (2001).
- M. Milčić and S. D. Zarić "Intramolecular Metal Ligand-Aromatic Cation-pi Interactions in Crystal Structures of Transition Metal Complexes", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2143-2150 (2001).
- D. M. Popović, S. D. Zarić, B. Rabenstein and E. W. Knapp, "Artificial Cytochrome b: Computer Modeling and Evaluation of Redox Potentials", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 123, 6040-6053 (2001).
- G. A. Bogdanović, V. Medaković, Lj. S. Vojinović, V. I. Česljević, V. Leovac, S. D. Zarić, "Transition metal complexes with thiosemicarbazide-based ligands. Part XLI. Two crystal structures of cobalt(III) complexes with salicylaldehyde S- methylisothiosemicarbazone and theoretical study on orientations of coordinated pyridines", Polyhedron, 20, 2231-2240 (2001).
- Dj. U. Miodragović, M. J. Malinar, S. M. Milosavljević, S. D. Zarić, D. Vučelić, M. B. Ćelap, "Synthesis and absolute configurations of the novel mono- and dinuclear cobalt(III) complexes with S-phenylalanine", J. Coord. Chem., 55, 517-526 (2002).
- D. Popović, A. Žmirić, S. D. Zarić, E. W. Knapp, "Energetics of Radical Transfer in DNA Photolyase", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 3775-3782 (2002).
- G. A. Bogdanović , A. Spasojević-de Biré and S. D. Zarić, "Evidence of a C-H…pi interaction between an organic moiety and a chelate ring in transition metal complexes based on crystal structures and computations", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 1599-1602 (2002).
- A. Žmirić, M. Milčić and S. D. Zarić, "Theoretical study of metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions of [Co(NH3)6]3+ with benzene", Int. J. Quant. Chem. 87, 354-359 (2002).
- A. Žmirić, S. D. Zarić, “Theoretical study on Intermediate in Oxygen Transfer Reaction in Molybdoenzyme Model System” Inorg. Chem. Commun. 6, 446-448 (2002).
- L. Han, J. Du, H. Yang, H. Wang, X. Leng, A. Galstyan, S. Zarić and W. H. Sun, “Crystal structure and modeling calculation of the columnar helix 2,6- Bis(imino)phenoxy iron(III) chloride”, Inorg. Chem. Commun. 6, 5-9 (2003).
- Z. D. Tomić, V. M. Leovac, S. V. Pokorni, D. Zobel, and S. D. Zarić, “Crystal structure of bis[acetone-1-naphthoylhydrazonato (-1)] - cooper(II) and study of intermolecular interactions”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 1222-1226 (2003).
- V. Medaković, S. D. Zarić, “Theoretical Study on Orientations of Axially Coordinated Imidazoles in Model Systems of Cytochromes” Inorg. Chim. Acta, 349, 1-5 (2003)
- G. A. Bogdanović, V. Medaković, M. K. Milcić, S. D. Zarić, "Intramolecular C-H…pi interactions in metal-porphyrin complexes" International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 5, 174-185 (2004).
- Z. D. Tomic, S. B. Novakovic, S. D. Zaric, “Intermolecular interactions between chelate rings and phenyl rings in square-planar copper(II) complexes” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 11, 2215-2218 (2004).
- V. B. Medakovic, M. K. Milcic, G. A. Bogdanovic, S. D. Zaric, “C-H…π interactions in the metal-porphyrin complexes with chelate ring as the H acceptor” J. Inorg. Biochem., 98, 1867-1873 (2004).
- M. K. Milcic, Z. D. Tomic, S. D. Zaric, “Very strong metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions in transition metal complexes: intermolecular interaction in tetraphenylborate salts” Inorg. Chimica Acta, 357, 4327-4329 (2004).
- A. S. Galstyan, S. D. Zarić, E. W. Knapp, „Computational studies on imidazole heme conformations” Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry 10, 343-354 (2005).
- A. Daković, M. Tomašević-Čanović, V. Dondur, G. E. Rottinghaus, V. Medaković, S. Zarić “Adsorption of mycotoxins by organozeolites” Colloids and Surfaces, B: Biointerfaces, 46, 20-25 (2005).
- Z. D. Tomić, D. Sredojević, S. D. Zarić, “Stacking Interactions between Chelate and Phenyl Rings in Square-Planar Transition Metal Complexes” Crystal Growth & Design, 6, 29-31 (2006).
- A. A. Rakić, V. B. Medaković, S. D. Zarić, “Orientations of axially coordinated imidazoles and pyridines in crystal structures of model systems of cytochromes” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 100, 133-142, (2006).
- M. K. Milčić, V. B. Medaković, D. N. Sredojević, N. O. Juranić, S. D. Zarić, “Electron delocalization mediates the metal-dependent capacity for CH/pi interactions of acetylacetonato chelates” Inorganic Chemistry, 45, 4755-4763 (2006).
- Z.D. Tomić, V.M. Leovac, Ž.K. Jaćimović, G. Giester, S.D. Zarić “Multi-p,p stacked interaction between planar chelate rings in the crystal structure of dichloro(2-hydroxy-1-naphtaldehyde-3- methylisothiosemicarbazonato)iron(III) hemiethanol solvate” Inorganic Chemistry Communications 9, 833-835, (2006).
- M. Zivkovic, S. Malkov, S. Zaric, M. Vujosevic-Janicic, J. Tomasevic, G. G. Predovic, N. Blazic, M. V. Beljanski “Statistical dependence of protein secondary structure on amino acid bigrams” Chemical Industry & Chemical Engineering Quarterly, 12, 82-85 (2006).
- B.W. Kail, L.M. Perez, S. D. Zarić, A. J. Millar, C.G. Young, M. B. Hall, P.Basu, “Mechanistic Investigation of the Oxygen-Atom-Transfer Reactivity of Dioxo-molybdenum(VI) Complexes” Chem. Eur. J. 12, 7501-7509 (2006).
- D. N. Sredojević, Z. D. Tomić, S. D. Zarić “Influence of metal and ligand types on stacking interactions of phenyl rings with square-planar transition metal complexes” Central European Journal of Chemistry 5, 20-31 (2007).
- Z. D. Tomić, A. Kapor, A. Žmirić, V. M. Leovac, D. Zobel, S. D. Zarić “Comparison of structural features of three new cis-dioxomolybdenum(VI) complexes with 2-hydroxy-1-naphthaldehyde-S-methylisothiosemicarbazone: Possible role of intermolecular interactions on the geometry of the cis-MoO2 unit” Inorg. Chim. Acta, 360, 2197-2206 (2007).
- C. Scheeren, F. Maasarani, A. Hijazi, J. P. Djukic, M. Pfeffer, S. D. Zarić, X. F. Le Goff, L. Ricard “Stereoselective “Electrophilic” Cyclometalation of Planar-Prochiral (è6-Arene)tricarbonylchromium Complexes with Asymmetric Metal Centers: pseudo-T-4 [Cp*RhCl2]2 and [Cp*IrCl2]2” Organometallics, 26, 3336-3345 (2007).
- M. K. Milčić, B. Ostojić, S. D. Zarić "Are Chelate Rings Aromatic? Calculations of Magnetic Properties of Acetylacetonato and o-Benzoquinonediimine Chelate Rings" Inog. Chem., 46, 7109-7114 (2007).
- S. Đ. Stojanović, V. B. Medaković, G. Predović, M. Beljanski, and S. D. Zarić, “XH/pi Interactions with pi-system of Porphyrin Ring in Porphyrin Containing Proteins” J.Bio. Inorg. Chem., 12, 1063-1071 (2007).
- D. Sredojević, G. A. Bogdanović, Z. D. Tomić, S. D. Zarić, “Stacking vs. CH/pi Interactions between Chelate and Aryl Rings in Crystal Structures of Square-Planar Transition Metal Complexes”, CrystEngComm, 9, 793-798 (2007).
Tue Nov 27 18:44:48 2018