Snežana D. Zarić, Ph.D.
Faculty of Chemistry, Studentski trg 12-16, Beograd
Department of General and Inorganic Chemistry
Phone (local): 605
E-mail: szaric AT chem · bg · ac · rs
Born on January 2, 1962 in Jasenovo, Serbia. Married. Speaks Serbian, English and Russian language.
Education and qualifications
1980-1984: Undergraduate studies - Chemistry / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1984-1990: Master of science studies - Chemistry / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1990-1995: Doctoral academic (PhD) studies - Chemistry / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
History of employment
1986: Graduate assistant / Prirodno-matematički fakultet (Belgrade, Serbia)
1986-1994: Graduate assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1991-1996: Assistant / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
1997-2002: Assistant professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2003-2010: Associate professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
2010-2016: Full professor / University of Belgrade - Faculty of Chemistry (Belgrade, Serbia)
Computational chemistry, coordination chemistry, noncovalent interactions.
Member of Serbian Chemical Society.
Member of American Chemical Society.
Member of Serbian Crystallographic Society.
Member of the from December 10, 2020.
Participation in research projects
- 2011: – 172065 (principal investigator)
project type: National Fundamental Research Projects
project is funded by: Ministry of Science and Technological Development (Belgrade, Serbia)
- 2011-2015: – 172065-¸Ć (principal investigator)
project type: National Innovation Projects
project is funded by:
Author identification numbers
Knjige i revijalni radovi / Books and reviews:
- S. Zarić and M.B.Hall, "Ab initio and DFT Studies on Models for the Oxo- Transfer Reaction of Dioxomolybdenum Enzymes", in NATO ASI Series, ed. L. Banci and P. Comba, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston 255-279 (1997).
- S. Niu, D.L.Strout, S. Zarić , C.A.Bayse, and M.B.Hall, “Theoretical Studies of Inorganic and Organometallic Reaction Mechanisms 13. Methane, Ethylene, and Acetylene Activation at a Cationic Iridium Center”, in "Tansition State Modeling for Catalysis, ACS Symposium Series 721 " Truhlar, D. G.; Morokuma, K. ed., Oxford University Press, 138. (1999)
- S. D. Zarić, “Metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2197-2209 (2003)
Izabrani radovi / Selected papers:
- S. D. Zarić " Theoretical Study of Cation-pi Interaction of the Metal Complex Cation, [Co(NH3)6]3+, with Ethylene and Acetylene, Chem. Phys. 256, 213-223 (2000).
- S. D. Zarić, D. Popović, and E. W. Knapp “Metal Ligand-Aromatic Cation-pi Interactions in metallo-proteins: ligands coordinated to metal interact with aromatic residues”, Chemistry Eur. J., 6, 3935-3942 (2000).
- S. D. Zarić, D. Popović, and E. W. Knapp " Factors Determining the Orientation of Axially Coordinated Imidazoles in Heme-Proteins" Biochemistry 40, 7914-7928 (2001).
- M. Milčić and S. D. Zarić "Intramolecular Metal Ligand-Aromatic Cation-pi Interactions in Crystal Structures of Transition Metal Complexes", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 2143-2150 (2001).
- D. M. Popović, S. D. Zarić, B. Rabenstein and E. W. Knapp, "Artificial Cytochrome b: Computer Modeling and Evaluation of Redox Potentials", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 123, 6040-6053 (2001).
- G. A. Bogdanović, V. Medaković, Lj. S. Vojinović, V. I. Česljević, V. Leovac, S. D. Zarić, "Transition metal complexes with thiosemicarbazide-based ligands. Part XLI. Two crystal structures of cobalt(III) complexes with salicylaldehyde S- methylisothiosemicarbazone and theoretical study on orientations of coordinated pyridines", Polyhedron, 20, 2231-2240 (2001).
- Dj. U. Miodragović, M. J. Malinar, S. M. Milosavljević, S. D. Zarić, D. Vučelić, M. B. Ćelap, "Synthesis and absolute configurations of the novel mono- and dinuclear cobalt(III) complexes with S-phenylalanine", J. Coord. Chem., 55, 517-526 (2002).
- D. Popović, A. Žmirić, S. D. Zarić, E. W. Knapp, "Energetics of Radical Transfer in DNA Photolyase", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 3775-3782 (2002).
- G. A. Bogdanović , A. Spasojević-de Biré and S. D. Zarić, "Evidence of a C-H…pi interaction between an organic moiety and a chelate ring in transition metal complexes based on crystal structures and computations", Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 1599-1602 (2002).
- A. Žmirić, M. Milčić and S. D. Zarić, "Theoretical study of metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions of [Co(NH3)6]3+ with benzene", Int. J. Quant. Chem. 87, 354-359 (2002).
- A. Žmirić, S. D. Zarić, “Theoretical study on Intermediate in Oxygen Transfer Reaction in Molybdoenzyme Model System” Inorg. Chem. Commun. 6, 446-448 (2002).
- L. Han, J. Du, H. Yang, H. Wang, X. Leng, A. Galstyan, S. Zarić and W. H. Sun, “Crystal structure and modeling calculation of the columnar helix 2,6- Bis(imino)phenoxy iron(III) chloride”, Inorg. Chem. Commun. 6, 5-9 (2003).
- Z. D. Tomić, V. M. Leovac, S. V. Pokorni, D. Zobel, and S. D. Zarić, “Crystal structure of bis[acetone-1-naphthoylhydrazonato (-1)] - cooper(II) and study of intermolecular interactions”, Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 1222-1226 (2003).
- V. Medaković, S. D. Zarić, “Theoretical Study on Orientations of Axially Coordinated Imidazoles in Model Systems of Cytochromes” Inorg. Chim. Acta, 349, 1-5 (2003)
- G. A. Bogdanović, V. Medaković, M. K. Milcić, S. D. Zarić, "Intramolecular C-H…pi interactions in metal-porphyrin complexes" International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 5, 174-185 (2004).
- Z. D. Tomic, S. B. Novakovic, S. D. Zaric, “Intermolecular interactions between chelate rings and phenyl rings in square-planar copper(II) complexes” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem., 11, 2215-2218 (2004).
- V. B. Medakovic, M. K. Milcic, G. A. Bogdanovic, S. D. Zaric, “C-H…π interactions in the metal-porphyrin complexes with chelate ring as the H acceptor” J. Inorg. Biochem., 98, 1867-1873 (2004).
- M. K. Milcic, Z. D. Tomic, S. D. Zaric, “Very strong metal ligand aromatic cation-pi interactions in transition metal complexes: intermolecular interaction in tetraphenylborate salts” Inorg. Chimica Acta, 357, 4327-4329 (2004).
- A. S. Galstyan, S. D. Zarić, E. W. Knapp, „Computational studies on imidazole heme conformations” Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry 10, 343-354 (2005).
- A. Daković, M. Tomašević-Čanović, V. Dondur, G. E. Rottinghaus, V. Medaković, S. Zarić “Adsorption of mycotoxins by organozeolites” Colloids and Surfaces, B: Biointerfaces, 46, 20-25 (2005).
- Z. D. Tomić, D. Sredojević, S. D. Zarić, “Stacking Interactions between Chelate and Phenyl Rings in Square-Planar Transition Metal Complexes” Crystal Growth & Design, 6, 29-31 (2006).
- A. A. Rakić, V. B. Medaković, S. D. Zarić, “Orientations of axially coordinated imidazoles and pyridines in crystal structures of model systems of cytochromes” Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 100, 133-142, (2006).
- M. K. Milčić, V. B. Medaković, D. N. Sredojević, N. O. Juranić, S. D. Zarić, “Electron delocalization mediates the metal-dependent capacity for CH/pi interactions of acetylacetonato chelates” Inorganic Chemistry, 45, 4755-4763 (2006).
- Z.D. Tomić, V.M. Leovac, Ž.K. Jaćimović, G. Giester, S.D. Zarić “Multi-p,p stacked interaction between planar chelate rings in the crystal structure of dichloro(2-hydroxy-1-naphtaldehyde-3- methylisothiosemicarbazonato)iron(III) hemiethanol solvate” Inorganic Chemistry Communications 9, 833-835, (2006).
- M. Zivkovic, S. Malkov, S. Zaric, M. Vujosevic-Janicic, J. Tomasevic, G. G. Predovic, N. Blazic, M. V. Beljanski “Statistical dependence of protein secondary structure on amino acid bigrams” Chemical Industry & Chemical Engineering Quarterly, 12, 82-85 (2006).
- B.W. Kail, L.M. Perez, S. D. Zarić, A. J. Millar, C.G. Young, M. B. Hall, P.Basu, “Mechanistic Investigation of the Oxygen-Atom-Transfer Reactivity of Dioxo-molybdenum(VI) Complexes” Chem. Eur. J. 12, 7501-7509 (2006).
- D. N. Sredojević, Z. D. Tomić, S. D. Zarić “Influence of metal and ligand types on stacking interactions of phenyl rings with square-planar transition metal complexes” Central European Journal of Chemistry 5, 20-31 (2007).
- Z. D. Tomić, A. Kapor, A. Žmirić, V. M. Leovac, D. Zobel, S. D. Zarić “Comparison of structural features of three new cis-dioxomolybdenum(VI) complexes with 2-hydroxy-1-naphthaldehyde-S-methylisothiosemicarbazone: Possible role of intermolecular interactions on the geometry of the cis-MoO2 unit” Inorg. Chim. Acta, 360, 2197-2206 (2007).
- C. Scheeren, F. Maasarani, A. Hijazi, J. P. Djukic, M. Pfeffer, S. D. Zarić, X. F. Le Goff, L. Ricard “Stereoselective “Electrophilic” Cyclometalation of Planar-Prochiral (è6-Arene)tricarbonylchromium Complexes with Asymmetric Metal Centers: pseudo-T-4 [Cp*RhCl2]2 and [Cp*IrCl2]2” Organometallics, 26, 3336-3345 (2007).
- M. K. Milčić, B. Ostojić, S. D. Zarić "Are Chelate Rings Aromatic? Calculations of Magnetic Properties of Acetylacetonato and o-Benzoquinonediimine Chelate Rings" Inog. Chem., 46, 7109-7114 (2007).
- S. Đ. Stojanović, V. B. Medaković, G. Predović, M. Beljanski, and S. D. Zarić, “XH/pi Interactions with pi-system of Porphyrin Ring in Porphyrin Containing Proteins” J.Bio. Inorg. Chem., 12, 1063-1071 (2007).
- D. Sredojević, G. A. Bogdanović, Z. D. Tomić, S. D. Zarić, “Stacking vs. CH/pi Interactions between Chelate and Aryl Rings in Crystal Structures of Square-Planar Transition Metal Complexes”, CrystEngComm, 9, 793-798 (2007).
Wed Mar 17 11:50:53 2021