Rotor-Gene Q, Real-time PCR cycler and High Resolution Melt analyzer
Rotor-Gene Q (Qiagen, Germany) is a real-time nucleic acid amplification and detection system, which measures nucleic acid signals from amplified DNA using fluorescent detection. This world popular real-time PCR cycler and High Resolution Melt (HRM) analyzer, has recently been successfully installed and utilised at Faculty of Chemistry in Belgrade. It has optimal thermal and optical performance, due to rotary format and robust technology, requiring minimal maintenance. Rotor-Gene Q came with user-friendly software, GeneQuest (version 126.96.36.199), with advanced security features, that runs from a laptop computer (see photograph).
- Gene expression analysis
- Micro RNA detection
- Virus detection
- SNP genotyping
- High Resolution Melt analysis (HRM)
- It has 5 channels for optical detection (green, yellow, orange, red, crimson) plus HRM channel.
- Excitation sources: High energy light-emitting diodes.
- Detector: Photomultiplier.
- Acquisition time: 4 seconds.
- Temperature range: 35°C to 99°C (95°F to 210.2°F)
- Temperature accuracy: ±0.5°C
- Temperature resolution: ±0.02°C (smallest programmable increment)
- Temperature uniformity: ±0.02°C (standard deviation)
Samples per run:
- Strip Tubes 0.1 ml - 72 samples/run
- Tubes 0.2 ml - 36 samples/run
Humidity: 10-75% (noncondensing)
Operating temperature: 18-30°C (64-86°F)
phone: +318 11 3336 676